Review: MiO Liquid Water Enhancer

Posted in:

Water and I have a very love-hate relationship. Some days it's crisp and fresh and clean and I can't get enough of it. Other days it's bland and boring and tasteless and I have to force myself to even have one glass. Over the years, I became a big fan of Crystal Light. The idea of turning water into a flavored beverage without adding any calories was incredible to me. However, once the initial amusement wore off I began to realize what a pain these little packets were. Powder would always get all over my counter, rarely would I get the entire packet to dissolve, leaving behind large clumps in my drink, and to top it all off, the flavors I consumed the most almost had a dye-like quality that would stain anything it touched. Now, I have several boxes of Crystal Light in my pantry, none of which have seen the light of day in quite some time. Every now and then I'll brace myself for the challenge, but nine times out of ten I'll simply drink my water plain, missing the tasty satisfaction the product used to give me.

Today I went grocery shopping and being that it's been a particularly uneventful Sunday I decided to take my time walking up and down the isles to see if anything jumped out at me. I found myself at the Crystal Light section wondering if they had come out with anything new that wasn't such a pain. Well, they hadn't. But someone else had. I had seen blogs a while back about Mio Liquid Water Enhancer and had heard a few people mention it in passing, but had never really taken the time to consider the idea. For whatever reason I assumed it would taste like chemicals, or like food coloring (which to me has always had a taste, and not a good one at that). However, I was feeling especially adventurous and decided to pick up a bottle. It was only a few dollars so if I didn't like it I wouldn't be losing much. Fruit Punch was always my go-to Crystal Light flavor, so I decided to give it a go. I got home, took out a glass, and filled it with water from my Brita. Then I took out the egg-shaped container and gave the glass a squirt. And the results?

It was great! It tasted like Fruit Punch. Who knew?

  • Each container makes 24, 8 ounce servings.
  • Each serving contains zero calories, zero fat, zero carbs, zero guilt!
  • The product dissolves instantly, with no manual mixing needed.
  • The container does NOT need any special treatment after being opened - it can live anywhere.
  • It comes in seven regular flavors and two special flavors containing an added energy boost.

I was really impressed with this product, and I have a feeling I will be ditching my Crystal Light boxes to make room for some of MiO's other flavors. With the same taste, if not better, and zero mess to clean up afterwards, it's pretty much a no brainer. Bye bye powder pollution, tie-dye counter-tops, and clumpy chunky drinks - hello simple stream of delicious flavor!

2 comments:

  1. I love Mio! Being a southern girl by birth, the Sweet Tea flavor is my favorite. ;) As an added bonus, you can repurpose the containers once they're empty. Each container holds 2 oz. so they're great for packing things like salad dressing, vinegar, soy sauce, etc. in a brown bag lunch or picnic. Since their original purpose is holding a liquid, they don't leak. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, especially for salad dressing. Right now I use this little oddly-shaped tupperware. It's the perfect size but the lid is really hard to get off, so I usually end up spilling half of it out upon opening!

      Delete