Wednesday Weigh-In #06

Posted in:


Down 1.6 pounds! I'll definitely take it this week. I look back on the last week and I'm actually really surprised by that number. I drank [a lot] Wednesday night, I had McDonald's on Friday, Coney Island on Saturday, Taco Bell on Sunday, and I didn't work out one single time! I'm not saying I'm going to make this behavior habit, but it's nice to know that I was able to balance out my food intake enough to offset my few indulgences. Kinda makes me feel like I'll be able to keep the weight off once I'm finally done.

Time to check in with my first mini goal of being in the 140s by New Year's Eve. Two weeks in and I am definitely ahead of schedule. Here were my original targets to hit altered with my actual weigh-ins:

Dec 05: 156.4 - 155.2
Dec 12: 154.6 - 153.6
Dec 19: 152.7
Dec 26: 150.9

So, here are my new targets for the next two weeks:

Dec 19: 152.2
Dec 26: 150.8

1.4 pounds a week, and .9 pounds between December 26 and December 31. I really, really hope I can do it. It looks good, but it's still a little too close to tell. Either way, no matter the results, I decided this morning I'm going to be pleased with whatever I weight come New Year's Eve. Even if I'm a little shy of being in the 140s, I'll still be better of than I was, or even am now.

I guess my point is that I'm starting to become content with the idea of "the big picture" in the sense that it really doesn't matter when I finish, it just matters if I finish. I still have very strong hopes to lose all the weight I want to lose by the beginning of May, but if I don't and I still have a few pounds left to go, then so be it! The point is I'll have made progress in the right direction, and as long as I keep doing that then eventually I will cross that finish line!

0 comments: