Wednesday Weigh-In #07

Posted in:


Yepp. +2.4 pounds. I'm not surprised. At all. And to be honest, I've had this coming for weeks now. There have been several weeks I've cheated in one way or another and I really didn't pay a big price. So, I'm paying for it now. To be honest, I'm okay with it. I think I needed it actually.

The past few weeks I've been skating by on luck. I'm stilled stunned about losing during a few of those weeks. This gain has been due for quite some time now. And the fact of the matter is, I think if it hadn't come I would have continued to keep walking down the path I've been on: eating terribly, not working out, and still hoping for good results. I've been lucky; now, reality has finally caught up with me.

I've been on Weight Watcher's for six weeks now, and I've only lost 6.2 pounds. That's barely a pound a week. I could sit here and put my positive twist on it and say, "Hey, it's 6.2 pounds off my body," but the fact of the matter is I'm not proud of that. Six weeks in? I should not be down ONLY 6.2 pounds!

I can do it. I know I can. I KNOW I can. There isn't even an ounce of doubt in my body. So then WHY has it been so difficult for me?

The holidays? Maybe.
Distractions at work? Definitely.
Self sabotage? ... Hmm.

No, I don't think that's it. I think it's as simple as I just haven't cared. I've been so worried about looking cute at work because of my crush that I haven't come into work dirty in order to push me to go to the gym. I've been so lazy about grocery shopping and cooking, and so complacent about what I eat in general. Ugh. I dunno. I'm mad at myself, that's for DAMN sure!

BUT. What's done is done. Today I went to the gym. First time in over two weeks. Was it the greatest work out? No. But it was a work out none the least. I've also decided I'm going to sign up for Pilates classes. There is a studio right downstairs from my apartment. Today on the way home from work I'm going to stop in and figure out what would be the best for me. They have classes Wednesday and Thursday night and Saturday and Sunday morning, and they also have a free class every Sunday evening. I'm DEFINITELY going to be participating in the free Sunday classes from now on (except this weekend, obviously, as I will be in Michigan). I'm going to make sure I do EVERY Wednesday AND EVERY Thursday, that way if I decide I want to sleep in on the weekends I'll still have three classes a week under my belt.

So, I guess I have a new plan.

  • I'm going to start taking Pilates classes 3-5 times a week (3 MINIMUM).
  • I'm going to go to the gym EVERY DAY - weights daily, cardio Tuesdays and Thursdays.
  • I'm never going to eat into my weekly points unless I'm out for a meal or there's a special event.
  • I'm going to keep a pack of gum in my purse, in my desk, and in my coffee table at all times!
  • I'm going to blog at least once a day.

I'm not afraid of my gain this week. And I'm not afraid of my new challenge. All I know is I can't have any more weeks like this ... or this ... I just need to get this done.

How many times have I said that!?

No, I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to get angry. I'm just going to get real...

No one can do this except you, Sam. No one. No one is going to help you eat the right things or make sure you get to the gym. No one is going to be in your ear everyday reminding you of the reasons why you want to do this. No one is going to slap your wrist when you slip up. No one can be held accountable for any of this. No one. No one but YOU. YOU need to do this, Sam. YOU need to be the one to make the right decisions. These reasons, the reasons for doing this at all, they're YOUR reasons, and YOURS alone. They belong to no one else. No one else is going to be effected if you don't get this done. No one is going to feel the regret you will feel. The regret. Yepp. REGRET. YOU ALREADY REGRET THE LAST 25 YEARS! YOU ... NEED ... to do this! Period. Bottom line. Signed, sealed, delivered. Don't shake your head at it. Don't scoff at it. Don't roll your eyes at it. It's the truth.


YOU need to do this.
You NEED to do this.
YOU NEED TO DO THIS!

SO DO IT!

0 comments: