Wednesday Weigh-In #13

Posted in:


Yepp. That's about right! I knew I was going to see a number I didn't like, but to be honest, I expected it to be worse than that. I really was expecting to see the 160s again, so I guess when all is said and done I can't really be too upset. If you look on my weigh-ins page, you'll notice this little stretch of nonsense:


I mean, that pretty much says it all. I didn't weigh myself for five weeks and I gained 7.2 pounds. Moral of the story? WEIGH-IN! If I had seen a gain on 1/30 or 2/6 I would have stopped it right then and there, and maybe it only would have been 2 or 3 pounds at that point. Oh well, it happens. You move on.

I feel a lot better about things right now. Things in my life outside of weight loss are going really well and I finally feel like I'm breaking out of my two-year funk. *knock on wood* I finally feel like I'm becoming myself again, and that in and of itself is reason enough to get back on track and finish what I started. The good news is I've still lost 4 pounds since I started this stretch of my journey - and about 30 pounds total from New Year's Eve 2012 - and that's great. I still have a ways to go, but I think my head is finally on straight and I'm looking at things a lot more evenly. I'm not as concerned about dates or goals or meeting a deadline. Right now, I just want to lose weight. Period. So, I wanted to meet my goal by May 1st - I'm not going to, oh well, but maybe by May 1st I can be back to where I was before this gain. Then maybe by June 1st I can be in the low 140s, or maybe even the high 130s. Maybe I'll spend Forth of July on a boat, basking in the sun, comfortably in the low 130s. Maybe I won't be in that bikini I imagined but I'll still be more confident and still feel a lot better about myself. At this point I need to look at this journey in baby steps. Why this sudden change of attitude? Well ... next post ...

0 comments: