Delayed...

Posted in:

My resistance bands for P90X were supposed to arrive today so I could start the program tonight. However, when it appeared they weren't going to be arriving on time, I spent about an hour going back and forth as to whether or not I should just start the program tomorrow night (assuming the bands would come in of course), maybe double up on my work outs one day this weekend to catch up or something along those line. But then I started thinking:

Last night I was going through my refrigerator, freezer, and pantry, and realized I have quite a bit of food hanging around my apartment that I'm not going to be able to eat once I start P90X. It's not bad food, or junk food, or anything along those lines - it's all healthy stuff - but most of it is processed, which P90X doesn't really allow. So, I'm going to use the next week to finish up the food I have hanging around (the food that will spoil that is) so that Wednesday night when I'm preparing all my meals for the next day I will only have on-plan food in the house and I'll be good to go - starting the workouts and nutrition hard on Thursday of next week. I was pretty content with this idea and looked forward to spending the next week researching, preparing, and ultimately getting ready for the next three months of my life.

Then Linton, our mail room clerk, showed up with a box from Amazon: my resistance bands. I was again torn, but only for a moment... why? The points I raised before were valid; I don't want to waste all of the food I have in my apartment just to start P90X one week earlier. And, if that wasn't reason enough, I did just start my period this morning. Now, some of you may be thinking, "Well, you're going to have that problem for two other weeks during the program so why does that matter?" The thing is, no, no I won't. My birth control makes it so I only have a period every three months. Therefore, if I wait until next Thursday to start P90X I shouldn't have another period until the week after I finish the program.

So, it's settled. I will start P90X Thursday, January 24. Between now and then I will finish up all the off-plan food, read through all of the program literature, and enjoy my final week on Weight Watchers. "Wait, what? Your final week on Weight Watchers?" ... I'll explain soon!

0 comments: