Wednesday Weigh-In #09

Posted in:


Now, I have to be honest about something. I didn't weigh-in this week, and actually this post is being written on Thursday, January 3, NOT Wednesday, January 2. Essentially I'm adding in this entry for the pure sake of consistency. Why did I choose to keep my weigh-in at 155? On Monday, I weighed-in at 153.1, so what made me choose to up my weight rather than simply use 153.1 as my official weigh-in number?

The plain and simple reason is that I'm pretty sure I gained a little bit of weight in the last few days. My friend was in from Michigan and even though I had a plan it was very difficult to stick with and it simply fell through the cracks. I didn't track any food Monday through Wednesday and spent very little time worrying about it. Although my friend was actually the one who was on vacation, I was very much living a vacation lifestyle for a few days. We spent the majority of time away from my apartment, so cooking wasn't an option. To be honest, I expected to pig out with her every single night, and we only really did once - so I consider the "trip" a success. At the end of the day I don't have any regrets, and I think it's because these last couple of days tied into the "special event" category I talked about in my last post. Looking back, if given another chance, I know I wouldn't have done anything differently.

Back to the weigh-in. Even though I don't know for sure I'm back at 155, I'm comfortable with that number as a pretty safe assumption. If next week I have a massive drop then I'll know I was a bit off, but I think I'm close enough in the ball park that next week will throw out a typical number. I don't really have anything else to say as I'm not really sure where I'm at, but I'm confident going into this week and I know that now that the distractions of the holidays are done and over with I can get back to being focused and start inching my way to goal!

0 comments: