Wednesday Weigh-In #01

Posted in:


Yeah, that sounds about right. I knew before I even stepped on the scale that I was going to see a higher number than I wanted to see. When I moved into my apartment the first week of August I was in the high 150s. The last couple of months I've been somewhat distracted with other things. True, this number isn't horrible in comparison, it could definitely have been a lot worse - considering the fact that I haven't focused on weight loss in almost two months. It's just somewhat hard to swallow, in regards to going back up into the 160s after being in the 150s.

I think this time around I need to focus on the larger picture. I've already made a promise to myself that I'm not going to weigh-in everyday like I have in the past. Just once a week; well, twice a week - every Wednesday morning on my personal scale at home and every Wednesday afternoon at my Weight Watchers meetings - mainly because I'd like to see the difference in the scales. In the past I've kept trackers, and trackers, and more trackers, that show my average weight-loss per month, per week, per day even, and that map out projected dates of when I will reach certain weights. I'm not going to do that this time around.

I'm going to take each month, each week, each day at a time.

I think that's another big change in my outlook this time around. Each day I'm only going to focus on what I can control that day. I can choose to eat an apple instead of a brownie. I can choose to order a turkey burger without cheese. I can choose to make it a point to go to the gym every work day. These are things I can control each and every day, and as long as I succeed in these things, then I will succeed in my larger goal. Sure, it might take me a little longer, but I will get there.

And I will get there the right way.

0 comments: