Maple Cinnamon Baked Apples

Posted in:

After my mishap with the potato last night, I decided to take another glance through the Power Foods Favorites recipe book. Although I have two points left tonight, I'm really not hungry - plus I have to get some sleep - however I wanted to post this because it is definitely something I'm going to be trying tomorrow (or Sunday, depending on when I can get my hands on some fat-free whipped topping). I wasn't sure whether to classify this as a snack or a dessert, but I decided to go the dessert route to break up the monotony of ice cream, cookies, and cakes that I'm sure I'll collect over time. My mom has tried this recipe already, sans whipped topping, and says it's just delicious!


Ingredients:

  • 1 large apple
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp raisins
  • 1 tbsp fat-free whipped topping
  • pinch ground cinnamon and/or nutmeg

Instructions:

  • Core and slice apple; place on a plate.
  • Drizzle apple slices with syrup and raisins; cover.
  • Microwave until apple is soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
  • Spoon (or spray) whipped topping over apples.
  • Garnish with cinnamon and/or nutmeg.

Notes:

  • Serve warm.
  • For different flavors, try replacing the raisins with dried cranberries or cherries.

Servings:
1 serving
WW+ Points:
2 per serving
Recipe Credit:
Weight Watchers

0 comments: