7 Days of Thanksgiving: Potatoes

Posted in:

Day two in my 7 Days of Thanksgiving! I am a huge mashed potato fan and in many of my previous diets I was unable to eat them. I stumbled upon a recipe for mashed cauliflower one day and tried it out. I do like cauliflower but was incredibly skeptical as to whether or not this low-carb vegetable would even compare to the hearty spuds I had loved for so long. I had to revamp the recipe a little bit, taking tips from various sources, but overtime I found a recipe that was perfect, and it's become one of my favorite dishes! Do they taste like potatoes? No. But the consistency is close, and the taste is just great, potato-like or not. Try them, if you haven't already. You won't regret it!


Ingredients:

  • 1½ cups cauliflower
  • 2 wedges Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • ½ tablespoon diced green onion
  • ½ tablespoon butter or margarine, optional

Instructions:

  • Steam the cauliflower until tender.
  • Add in Laughing Cow cheese and black pepper, while cauliflower is still hot.
  • Mash mixture with a fork or blend in a blender until desired consistency.
  • Top with green onions and optional butter/margarine.

Notes:

  • For a different twist on the original recipe, try one of Laughing Cow's other flavors.

Servings:
1 serving
WW+ Points:
2 per serving
Recipe Credit:
My Recipe

0 comments: