7 Days of Thanksgiving: Salad

Posted in:

Day six in my 7 Days of Thanksgiving! No holiday meal, or meal in general, would be complete without a salad, at least in my opinion. I am definitely the type who tends to have salads as a main course, and usually when I make salads they end up being pretty basic: lettuce, carrots, cheese, dressing. However, I recently discovered my love for baby spinach. I am not a fan of spinach cooked, unless there is a tiny amount in an omelet, but while on a date recently I was served a salad similar to the one below. It's probably not a new creation to most people, but to me it was and I was pleasantly surprised (by the flavors and also the culinary mastery of my date). I made a few changes to omit some points, including eliminating the feta cheese he had added, but the dish still retains the fruity freshness of the original version. This would also be a nice salad to serve at Christmastime, with the beautiful and vibrant reds and greens!


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 8 strawberries, sliced
  • ¼ cup sliced almonds
  • 4 tbsp fat free strawberry or raspberry vinaigrette
  • Pinch of freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

  • Combine spinach, strawberries, and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
  • Top with black pepper.
  • Drizzle the vinaigrette on top or serve on the side.

Notes:

  • To add a little extra kick, try adding 2 oz feta or goat cheese (2 additional points per serving).

Servings:
2 servings
WW+ Points:
3 per serving
Recipe Credit:
My Recipe

0 comments: