Sam's Shopping List Staples

Posted in:

Tomorrow I'm going to go to Jewel to pick up some groceries for the week. Usually I shop at a farmer's market about half a block down the street from my apartment, and although they have a pretty extensive product line (especially for a farmer's market) they still can't compete with the items offered at larger chain grocery stores. I decided in order for me to stick with this and actually make the changes I need to make, I need to stock my fridge and pantry with more variety. Eating the same foods over and over again is sure to make me bored and possibly stray away from my plan. I wanted to put together a little list of items I plan to purchase, some of which I've already had before, that will become staples in my diet in the upcoming months and for years to come.

Click on the points total for each item to view nutrition facts and product information.
Please note I have omitted fruits and vegetables as I always purchase these fresh.

BREADS
  • Arnold 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins - 3 Points
  • Brownberry 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rolls - 3 Points
  • Flatout Light Original Flatbread - 2 Points

MEATS
  • Jennie-O Extra Lean Seasoned White Turkey Patties - 3 Points
  • Healthy Ones Oven Roasted Turkey Breast - 1 Point
  • Weight Watchers Chicken Breasts - 3 Points

DAIRY
  • Kraft Singles Skim Milk American - 1 Point
  • Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss - 1 Point
  • Yoplait Light Yogurt - 2 Points

SWEETS
  • Fiber One Chocolate Fudge Brownies - 2 Points
  • Popsicle Sugar Free Orange, Cherry, Grape - 0 Points
  • Weight Watchers Double Caramel Swirl Ice Cream Cones - 2 Points

BREAKFAST FOODS
  • Jimmy Dean Delights Canadian Bacon Honey Wheat Muffin - 5 Points
  • Eggo Nutri-Grain Low Fat Whole Wheat Waffles - 4 Points
  • Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal - 4 Points

FROZEN ENTREES
  • Lean Cuisine Herb Roasted Chicken - 4 Points
  • Lean Pockets Spinach Artichoke Chicken - 6 Points
  • Smart Ones Fettucini Alfredo - 6 Points

OTHER
  • Claussen Kosher Dill Whole Pickles - 0 Points
  • Jif Reduced Fat Peanut Butter Spread - 5 Points
  • Special K Sour Cream & Onion Cracker Chips - 3 Points

0 comments: